Welcome to San Diego Kids First, a highly specialized psychology practice committed to maximizing the developmental, social, emotional, behavioral, and academic potential of children, teens, and families.
We are pleased to announce new providers and new services to our expanding team!
We are now offering in-home executive functioning/study skills coaching with Dr. James Rivet, as well as therapy for individuals and couples from teens through adulthood with Dr. Alex Thibeault. Head over to the “About” page to read more about our two newest members and their valuable services!
Welcome to San Diego Kids First. Please explore our Welcome Center to learn more about Dr. Pontillo, her team, and her services, view frequently-asked questions, download forms, or schedule appointments.
Welcome back. Please explore this section to view community resources, access the Expert’s Corner, or schedule follow-up appointments.
- Screenings (Early Childhood Development; Behavior Challenges; Autism Spectrum Disorder, Attention/Focus issues, Eating/ Feeding issues)
- Evaluations (Developmental Evaluations; Autism Spectrum Disorder; ADHD/ADD; Learning Disabilities; Anxiety, Social/Emotional/Behavioral Functioning; Kindergarten Readiness; Giftedness; School Placement decisions, School Observations)
- Consultative Services (Educational Consulting; Infant/Toddler Development and Behavior, School Placement decisions; IEP/504 consultation, Behavioral Challenges, Learning Challenges, Social and Behavioral functioning)
- Therapy/Counseling (Anxiety/fears, Stress management, Anger management; Emotional Regulation skills training; Interpersonal relationships issues, eating disorders, family stressors and/or changes; couples therapy, young adult/teen therapy, group therapy)
- Behavior Management/Parenting Sessions (Individualized parenting support for challenging behaviors, parent support groups)
- Collaboration with Schools and Teachers (School observations, attending school meetings, attending IEP or SST meetings, designing behavior support plans for classrooms, consultations and recommendations for teachers, training for mainstream teachers of children with mild autism spectrum disorder.
- Study/Organizational Skills Training
- Speaking Engagements
Se Habla Español
Bright Stars Parenting Program – for Parents of Bright Children with mild Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)We provide a one-of-a-kind, 3-module parenting support and education video series for parents and caregivers of bright children with mild autism spectrum disorder (ASD). We are passionate about helping parents and caregivers become experts themselves, so that crucial social, emotional, and behavioral skills can be acquired on a day-to-day basis at home.
Please watch this free preview video of our Bright Stars program which explains how mild autism spectrum disorder presents in children and adolescents, and outlines the strengths that these children have to offer. Our program relies on utilizing each child’s unique gifts and talents to help them grow in their areas of weakness, and maximize their potential. Click here for more information on the program.